The following is a list of online links that may be used as classroom resources. Some include information CCS has collected and some reference trusted information sources.
- The origins of the C programming language and key milestones in the evolution. Included are the ancestor languages and some C++ history.
- A history of the Microchip PIC® MCU processor.
- This site emphasizes teaching on a Microchip PIC® MCU architecture. Listed here is information on the other popular microcontrollers on the market.
- List of all the common physical packages for PIC® microcontrollers.
- Case studies for actual C projects on a PIC® microcontroller.
- Some comparisons between C on a PIC® MCU and assembly on a PIC® MCU.
- Links to key specifications and data sheets for embedded programming.
- Connector pin-outs for popular interfaces (like RS-232 and USB).
- References for the popular character encoding methods (for example ASCII).